Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A sonnet for Ricky

I was not in class today to present this sonnet which is lame of me, but sometimes my allergies like to choke my lungs like a drunk uncle in a bar fight. Rather than rasp and wheeze I elected to stay home. Here however is my sonnet. I wrote it for my friends neighbors dog, Ricky. I love Ricky his is always hanging about in the street and we always chat, well I talk to him.

Damn Ricky you look so pretty for a dog.

Lazily, laying, lumping in the street.

Sweet canine prince in need of a jog,

When I arrive his jovial smile doth greet.

I wish I could hold you for all of time

Your owners, my allergies won’t permit.

Life without you is cold as winter’s rime

Dog-less, alone I live like a hermit.

When you are gone, I keep you in my heart.

If life were fair I’d have raised you from a pup.

Alas Rick when I leave, I hate to part

If you were my dog on steaks we would sup.

You can never be mine, our visits will sate

Because we are cruel victims of fate.

yeah it's not my best work but the iambic business kills me.

No comments: