Wednesday, July 23, 2008

oh and another thing..

I forgot in that last post I was going to share some of my thoughts on Mr Pip (used to know the underline button now it is giving me trouble). I won't spoil the ending for those of you still reading it, but I did finish it and I will say a few things. First off, it is very pertinent with our class and what we have been discussing. Not just because of the fact that it deals with Great Expectations (no underline I know) but it also focuses on life stories , individual knowledge, education and the rise of one who has "Great Expectations". As many of you have stated the book does not cast of very cheery light as you read it. I cannot say that as a whole the story cheers up much but it does end decently. I liked this book because it was entertaining, it held my focus, but was really easy to read, which was refreshing going from the real "Great Expectations" which was interesting but the language got a little hard to understand. Our main character in this book is a girl Matilda, Will she turn into a prig like Pip as she becomes more educated? We shall see. Enjoy the book.

No comments: